things would have been so much better if the Harry Potter costume designers cared about historical accuracy
OK tumblr you may have noticed I haven’t been on in a while. I’m going to unfollow a bunch of people right now and reconfigure my blog so it’s more of an archive. I’m sorry if I unfollow you, but I’m never on here anyway.
95% of these are real justgirlythings but also apply to jim kirk’s life so yeah
Got dang Naya!!!!
I wanna do something like this.
mkay so I’ve been away from tumblr for a while and I’ve been having a really good time getting stuff done and whatnot. I’ve had tumblr on lockdown a bit, so I’ve only been able to check Maddy's blog. So sorry if you've posted something for me and I haven't noticed. Tomorrow I'll be off to British Columbia for 2 weeks, so I won't be on at all.
Just letting y’all know what’s up.
- Boys, on average, spend two fewer hours doing household chores per week than girls do (they play two hours more).
- If they live in households where children are compensated for doing chores, boys make and save more money.
- A 2009 study conducted by University of Michigan economists found a two-hour gender disparity in responsibilities per week in a study of 3,000 kids.
- 75 percent of girls had chores, while just 65 percent of boys do
- This disparity in chores and free time continues into adulthood all over the world. According to the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), men “report spending more time in activities counted as leisure than women. Gender differences in leisure time are wide across OECD countries.”
- Year after year, studies repeatedly confirm these patterns.
- The problems women face with unequal pay and housework duties actually start in childhood.
- The fact that boys’ chores appear to be more profitable makes the childhood chore gap even more disturbing. Turns out, parents tend to value the work that boys do more.
- Gender stereotypes dictate these patterns.
- men who grow up with sisters do less housework than their spouses and are also significantly more socially conservative.